Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Conversations with a Two Year Old

I think I better start writing down the adorable and funny conversations I have with Amelia.  She seriously melts my heart.  I'm a proud mamma and proud of it.

Amelia has tricked me into laying by her bed every night while she goes to sleep.  Some nights I lay there so frustrated that she won't go to sleep. "Mamma...I thirsty."  "Mamma...I want mik (milk)." "Dadddddyyyyy!"  "Mamma...where yer bear?" Etc.  She gives me every excuse in the book. 

Most nights though, I just stare in amazement at my beautiful little girl that I love more than I ever thought possible.  I get this little perma smile on my face as I listen to her talk to me and her bear and I LOVE the eskimo kisses, the hugs and the concern she has if my blanket isn't covering my feet.

Here's tonight's conversation...
Me: "Amelia it's time to close your eyes."
She squints and tries for one second.
I continue to pretend I'm asleep.
Amelia: "Seep tight Mamma.  Seet dreams Mamma.  Seep tight."
Me: "Sleep tight Amelia.  I love you."
Amelia: "Tanks mom. You too."

I love my little girl. 

1 comment:

heath said...

I was just thinking about you yesterday. These are fun updates. Your little Amelia got your crazy gorgeous eyelashes! Glad you are loving time with your little girl.