Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunbeam babysitters, I mean teachers!

Yes, that's right! Michael and I are now the Sunbeam A teachers in our ward. I've heard that it's a popular calling for the Newlyweds! We've also heard that this calling will either be a form of birth control or just the opposite. We have yet to decide what it will be for us. Last week was our first week. It was a little hectic because they all wanted to be with their mom. We have one little girl, Ashlee who is just a talker. "And then my mom did this." "One time..." "Teacher, teacher..." Even though she's a stinker and likes to chat I don't have a hard time loving her. She sits on my lap and is the cutest little blonde, long eyelashed little girl. And yes, I can't leave out the part about the potty break. Once one kid says that they have to go potty then suddenly they all have to go potty. Somehow Michael gets out of the potty breaks and it becomes my job. Lucky him. Let's just say that I have really bad gag reflexes. I don't handle bad smells, if you know what I mean. That's right, I had the collar of my coat wrapped around my face as I helped one of the little boys. Funny, because later that week I noticed his mom's number on our caller ID and I was really afraid that she was going to give me a lesson on wiping. I'll get it eventually! :) O.K., enough of the bathroom talk. We love our class. It's real cute to see Michael interact with them. They certainly give us smiles! We just pray that we will be able to help them grow and learn about our Savior.

5 comments:

heath said...

Ha! You are too funny.

Sarah Peterson said...

it's a fun calling, as long as they aren't too wild ;) I'm waiting for you to post pictures of Aprils new baby..(has she had it yet!?)

Anonymous said...

How many kids do you have? When I was in Elk Ridge I had 14 kids by myself and it was so hard but at the same time so fun to watch them learn and grow. Good Luck!

Brinn said...

Cute new template! Glad you found one you liked! I really liked this one too!

Shannon said...

Hey what website did you get your template from? I've heard of pyzam or something like that, but my friend downloaded a template from them and it had a huge virus. She didn't even know and then like two weeks later everything was hacked and best buy said it was from pyzam. So I don't want to use them, so where did you get yours?