Friday, February 20, 2009

Winter Love

Michael took me snowboarding on Valentines Day. I won't lie, I was a little nervous to give it a try, but with Michael bundling me up so well and as good as he is I had to do it. The first time down I kept thinking 'I can't believe people pay money to do this.' I did get better and I enjoyed it so much. I can't wait until I'm good enough to somewhat keep up with Michael. He was very patient in teaching me and what a good teacher he was.

This is the me on the lift. The lift was a bit dramatic for me. I hated it. I'm a bit frightful of the heights. It didn't help that Michael would move around on the chair, bend over and buckle his boots, get the camera out, etc. He was driving me crazy. I was holding on for dear life.
The Snowboardin' bums

7 comments:

Topham Family said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I want to try that someday! :)

Shannon said...

Where'd you guys go? We should make a double date of it sometime! We're starting Owen on the ski's next year!

Becky Foster said...

You two are so freakin' cute!!! I'm glad you had some fun. I miss you.

heath said...

You're a braver woman than I am. Glad you got to liking it. (And I'm with you on the heights. Hate it!)

Marianne said...

You two are so cute!!!

stacie said...

hahaha. Hilarious. I can totally picture the whole day. You guys are funny.

Side note: Melissa is a sub teacher and the other day she was subbing where you work and she asked the kids if they liked their music teacher. Here are some comments:

"she looks like a barbie"

"she looks like a cheerleader"

one of the boys

"no she doesn't, she just looks like a person"

I was laughing and thought you might get a kick out of it.

April said...

I have only been twice, but i loved it too. We should go sometime! Might as well enjoy the snow a little since it is here almost half the year!