Friday, May 29, 2009

Last Day of School!

My sweet Carlos.

Jace made me smile everyday. He was always aware of what the other kids were doing (if you know what I mean). Tattle after tattle. Finally one day I told him that he could only tattle if it was an emergency. Later that day he raised his hand and began to tell a tattle. He caught himself in the middle and said, "nevermind." I laughed and gave him a treat for catching himself.





If I could clone a little girl and have her as my own it would be Eliza. She loved music. She is very sensitive and would cry at the thought of her forgetting something. She's a complete book worm and received the same award that the 6th graders were receiving for reading. She's very sweet.

Lorenzo
Nectalli and Saralynn
Kadyn and David

Kindergarten




Today was the last day of school. I have been looking forward for this day for a couple months now. What a year! Teaching is one of the hardest things that I've ever done. Good days and certainly some bad days. There were days that I just plain hated my job. I can really say that I have come to love these kids. Ya they get on my nerves and ya they annoy the heck out of me sometimes but boy do I love them. The last couple days have been full of festivities to celebrate the end of the school year. Yesterday they had an awards assembly. My heart was full as some of the kids were awarded. I was so proud of them and their accomplishments. I can now sort of imagine the love a parent feels for a child.

Today was the dance festival. Each grade has been working on a dance to perform for the parents and the whole school. It was so much fun. I loved watching them. It brought tears to my eyes to watch all of them smiling. As I write I am in tears at the thought of all of them and the thoughts of this past year. About 2 minutes ago somebody walked in my room. With red eyes and tears down my face I turned to see who it was. It was little Carlos (3rd grade). He was holding a rose and a candybar. He thanked me for a great year and asked if I'd be back next year. How precious. How thoughtful these kids can be...and to think that his actions made me so happy.

5 comments:

Becky Foster said...

Oh Lyn, this is so precious!!! Your kids are so cute, and I know that you were the best teacher ever! I just wish that I could've seen you in action! So are you going back next year? I miss you, and feel like I don't know anything. Hope to see you this summer sometime. Love you!

The Breese Family said...

They're cute huh? Yes, I'll be back next year! I miss you too

Topham Family said...

Looks like you had a good year with your kids! Have a great summer and enjoy it while it lasts!! :)

Heidi Henderson said...

I guess memories like this help take those days you hated away. I can only imagine how tough teaching is. You are amazing and I am sure all those kids loved you! What a sweetheart that boy was to bring you a rose. He must have had a crush on you :) You are amazing, keep it up!

heath said...

That is precious. Funny how the people that are the hardest to deal with are some that you end up loving the most!