My grandfather was a neat man. If you know of him then you know how friendly he is and how funny he can be. I joke that I married somebody just like him. You see....my grandpa is very organized and he likes things done right. Remind you of anyone? Yep, you guessed it. My very own husband. Growing up we used to always joke that we could eat dinner off of my grandpa's garage floor because it's so clean. Well a couple weeks ago, I walked in the garage and found Michael on his hands and knees scrubbing our garage floor. Yes, I think they're related!
I was fortunate enough to spend a few hours with my grandpa a few days before he passed. He wasn't all the way there mentally but I knew he could understand me. My grandpa has a great love for music and was always a great supporter of my music. I sang to him and he even attempted to sing "O Danny Boy" (his favorite song) with me. It was very special. I ended playing him a few of my favorite hymns on my violin. I will dearly miss him.
5 comments:
so sorry to hear about your grandpa, lynda. and also that we didn't get a chance to meet up... definitely next time! You are beautiful.
Thanks a million times over for sharing all the wonderful pictures and coverage of grandpa's funeral . . . it was so touching to read everything and feel like we know what occurred that day.
I can't put into words how much it means to us to see all of this. Miss you. You are a gem.
Ah Lyn, this post almost brought me to tears. It looks like the ceremony and everything was so sweet. I'm sorry that he had to pass. I loved your grandpa. Hope you're doing well. You look beautiful as always, and I miss you to bits!!
Thanks for sharing these pictures! What a great family! And that's fun to see your husband like your grandpa, sounds like a good man, would have been fun to meet him.
PS...I've got a dad just like that. You should see our garage floor, he put a seal over it and all to keep it nice and clear. I'm sure Michael will love to hear about it :)
Sorry to hear about your grandpa, but so glad you were able to marry someone just like him! And I think it's awesome that you have such a great relationship with all of your family--that makes life so great.
Post a Comment