Monday, June 22, 2009

I can finally breath!

Blurry pics I know....whoever took the pic didn't know how to use my camera. This top picture is a picture of my sol-fa/theory teacher (short, middle with glasses.) She was darling. The picture below is a picture of my conducting teacher. She's standing right next to me. She made me laugh everyday with her Hungarian accent.

For the past two weeks I have lived at BYU. I decided to take a summer course. It was crazy. It was a 3 credit class crammed into two weeks. It's a three level course and this year I took the second level. I was in class from 8am - 5:30pm... plus homework, but I learned a ton. It's a course on Kodaly and Hungarian music techniques. We even had two Hungarians teaching a few of the classes. They were unbelievable. I learned so much from being a better music teacher, conducting, theory, etc. I can say that I'm starting to get real good at the sol-fa thing.


6 comments:

Becky Foster said...

Wow Lyn, that's incredible that you took that course!! Good job! So will you be teaching in the fall? Are you totally taking it easy this summer? I hope so. I want to see you.

Brinn said...

That is so awesome Lyn! Hungarian!! No way, that is where Blandon served his mish... we don't run into too many of them around here. So cool. Isn't the accent hilarious? Totally Dracula like right? When he would teach english over there, the first phrase he would have everyone say is "I want to suck your blood". Hope you guys are doing well, I am loving your yard, hopefully one day I will get to see it in person :)

Topham Family said...

That sounds way cool!!! That is awesome...I bet you had a ton on your hands for those 2 weeks. That is awesome!!

Stephanie said...

Hey thanks for the comment. Now we can be blog friends!

Anonymous said...

That is so great that you have been taking a course--- I wish I was there to take it with you!

I'm glad you are getting a little break this summer . . . don't spend it ALL in the yard! You and Lindy have become the major gardener/yard workers in our family lately. I can't say that I am too jealous, as I've never been a big gardener, but I think Steve is itching to have a big yard in the future . . . future is the key word there!!

stacie said...

Lynnie you are on fire!! You are awesome. I missed you the other night- I was hoping to see you. Hope all is well and that you are taking time to relax. xoxox