Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas 08




Well for those of you that didn't know... we have moved. I didn't expect it to be so much work. I admire (but don't envy) those of you who move around frequently. I do not know how we fit all that we had in that little condo of ours. I guess I should thank my organized husband.



Dinner with the Prophet
This was certainly a highlight of our Christmas. Every year the Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square have a Christmas dinner at the Grand America in Salt Lake. It was beautifully decorated, lovely food and we were in the presence the first presidency. I felt like I was famous for a day!




Michael's favorite Christmas Gift
What did Michael want for Christmas......? If any of you know Michael, it won't surprise you that he wanted a blower for Christmas. I looked out the window one morning to see Michael with the blower back pack on blowing the snow of the neighbor's car. It made me laugh.



Another Christmas Highlight
I was able to participate in the Christmas Celebration concerts with the Choir and Orchestra. It was truly a spiritual experience.


I wasn't great about taking pictures over the Christmas holiday, but that doesn't mean that we didn't have a joyous time. This Christmas we spent the majority of the time with Michael's family. It was great to see them and spend time with them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moving is not fun! That would be so cool to have dinner with the prophet. Sounds like you two had a good Christmas.

Marianne said...

Wow I'm jealous! I bet that was a great experience.

Topham Family said...

Moving isn't fun at all...but it looks like you two had a good christmas! And how awesome that you had dinner with the prophet!!!

stacie said...

Yeah you updated your blog!! Michael is so funny- I love the picture of him clearing snow off of the neighbors car. He is great. I want to see more pics of your new home :)

The Olsons said...

The only fun part about moving is the new home. Good luck with it all. That is so awesome that you were able to have dinner with the prophet!! I just think that is awesome. I feel like I know someone famous when I think of you playing in the orchestra!

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!!!!!!! I am so excited to see some posts up! I'm glad that you made it thru the big move. We know all to well what a nightmare it is!!

What a cool time-- dinner with the prophet!!!!

April said...

So glad for the up dates! I bet that was an amazing experience! Not many have that chance in life. Tell Micheal that he can come snow blow at our house any time :) I still need to come see your house and puppy! So happy for you guys!