These photos are the day after surgery. I'm still working on getting the ointment out of my hair. Soooo greasy.
The night before surgery. Michael and I had so much fun. We didn't do anything special and we didn't get to go see the town, but we had lots of fun. It was nice just to be alone, to laugh, to talk, and to SLEEP IN!
I was able to meet a fellow ON friend, Catherine. She was in town to see Dr. Ducic for a possible future surgery. What a sweet person. So fun to talk with her and hear her story. This picture was taken the night after surgery in the lobby of the hospital hotel that we were both staying at.
I also got to meet a friend that I've been talking with for the past six months or so. She lives in Virginia and her and her husband made the two hour drive so that we could have lunch together. She has Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. She is in the middle of trying to decide what her next step should be. My heart goes out to her. I loved chatting with her and meeting her. There are so many good people and I feel so blessed to know so many. I have met some amazingly strong people and they have a special place in my heart.
These pics were taken yesterday, a week and a half after surgery. Time is a wonderful thing. I have lost a good amount of hair. Contemplating some short hair cuts, but I'm such a chicken. Any suggestions? Maybe I'll have to post some pinterest favorites and take a vote. :)
It's been a very long week, but I've had friends and family to help me and check up on me. Amelia has been very sweet with the whole thing. She likes to see my stitches and I even caught her in on my bed with a bag of frozen peas on her head. Totally made me smile. So thankful for a loving, kind, and sympathetic husband. He works so hard everyday and then comes home and plays with Amelia and helps me with the house. I'm his number one fan.
2 comments:
Wow wow wow Lyn. You're amazing! I've been praying lots for you, and I'm so glad you got through this surgery. I sure hope it was successful. Please keep me posted on your recovery!! You are beautiful, and I love you lots!!
Hope this does the trick and provides permanent relief. Been thinking of you. Good luck with the recovery.
Post a Comment