I am so thankful for so many things as I have gone through this last surgery.
Family
Seriously what would I do without my family. My mom watched Amelia for a week while I had the surgery and while I took a couple days to recoop. My mom and dad are amazing people. I don't know any two people that love their children more than they do. I also don't know any two people that are as selfless as them.
My in laws have been by to visit with delicious meals, and to play with Amelia. Amelia loves them and loves to play with them.
My brothers and sisters have sent meals, a fun box for Amelia, and I get a phone call from one of them at least once a day.
My sweet husband has cleaned the house, scrubbed toilets, taken Amelia to feed the ducks, and talked me through the tough days. What a gem. He loves me even more now then he did when we got married. I feel the same about him.
Amelia has been my special friend through it all. I love this little girl more than I ever thought possible. She pushes me to do more, she pushes me to be better and she makes me smile and laugh on the most trying of days.
Friends
I have been blessed with wonderful friends. I've had phone calls, texts, meals, dinner dates, cards, etc. I love my friends. I love their goodness. I love their examples. They are all so amazingly talented and I love learning from them.
Doctors
I am convinced that I have one of the best doctors ever. He sincerely cares about me, my well being, and my little family. He understands what I'm dealing with and gives me hope.
Hope
I absolutely love this article from the September Ensign. Such a powerful message for me and something to remind me that there is HOPE.
President Thomas S. Monson
has taught: “At times there appears to be no light at the tunnel’s
end—no dawn to break the night’s darkness. We feel surrounded by the
pain of broken hearts, the disappointment of shattered dreams, and the
despair of vanished hopes. … If you find yourself in such a situation, I
plead with you to turn to our Heavenly Father in faith. He will lift
you and guide you. He will not always take your afflictions from you,
but He will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you
face.”2
Hope
inspires confidence that when life’s storms “beat upon [us],” there is
no storm that can “drag [us] down to the gulf of misery and endless wo”
when we are built on the sure foundation, the “rock of our Redeemer, who
is Christ, the Son of God” (Helaman 5:12). Hope is the portal to peace.
http://www.lds.org/ensign/2013/09/the-healing-balm-of-hope?lang=eng
No comments:
Post a Comment